Sound is an area of growing social, cultural and environmental importance - yet it is often overlooked and underappreciated in our overwhelmingly visual, screen-based society. It has great emotional power for communication through storytelling, music, and more subtle and evocative forms.
The Sound master's programme at The University of Wales Trinity Saint David offers a unique postgraduate experience. Graduates and professionals from a wide range of specialities benefit from multidisciplinary learning together with expert lecturers and a broad range of facilities.
Five reasons to study this course
- SCA is recognised as a centre of excellence for art and design-based learning and research. The 2014 Research Excellence Framework (REF) categorised 95.8% of our research as being of world renown or recognised as internationally excellent
- The master's Contemporary Dialogues portfolio offers a unique interdisciplinary learning environment with access to workshops and staff across the faculty.
- Masters and research students are supported by a highly committed and professional team of lecturers and technical demonstrators, who together, create a diverse, supportive learning environment.
- We offer full and part-time options and to help support our master's students we deliver the majority of core teaching on Thursdays and Fridays.
- Whatuni ranked UWTSD 6th in the UK for postgraduate study in the Student Choice Awards 2018 and the university has also been ranked 5th in the UK for postgraduate taught satisfaction in Creative Arts & Design, PTES 2018.
- The Thought Experiment
- Collaborative Dialogues
- Coexistent Perspectives
- Explorative Research & Praxis
- Confirmative Praxis
- 18 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesDesign Music View 269 other Masters in Music in United Kingdom
- We normally require an undergraduate 2.1. However, we also consider candidates with relevant experience and aim to interview all applicants.
- Where possible, we invite prospective students to experience a day of teaching to see if it suits their expectations.
International15000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15000 GBP per year during 18 months.
National7500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7500 GBP per year during 18 months.
Living costs for Lampeter
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.