This innovative one-year masters is run jointly by the Department of Urban Studies and Planning and the School of Architecture. The Urban Design and Planning course at University of Sheffield will prepare you for a career in the planning and urban design professions and includes opportunities to learn about development and design issues faced in the Global South.
- You'll learn about the factors that shape cities and rural areas, and gain a deeper knowledge of a selected specialist aspect of planning.
- The course will develop your research, policy making and design skills, and your understanding of how to apply research to public policy making and evaluation.
- A Specialist Planning Programme partially accredited by the Royal Town Planning Institute (RTPI)
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Principles of Urban Design
- Perspectives on Spatial Planning and Development
- Research Methods
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesDesign Urban Planning View 125 other Masters in Urban Planning in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- For UK students, the usual entry requirement is a 2:1 degree or evidence of equivalent achievement (for example, a professional qualification combined with work experience).
- We will consider your application if you have a 2.2 degree but we would expect you to have evidence of work experience or other relevant activity.
- Overall IELTS score of 6.5 with a minimum of 6.0 in each component, or equivalent.
- We also accept a range of other UK qualifications and other EU/international qualifications.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International21050 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21050 GBP per year during 12 months.
National9500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9500 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Sheffield
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.