The MSc in Information Systems from University College Dublin introduces students to core disciplines integral to the deep exploration of the practical and theoretical issues related to the design and deployment of human centered information systems. The degree incorporates a strong interdisciplinary and human-centered focus, combining theory and practice-based perspectives from across a range of disciplines. They envisage students to become critical thinkers as to the role of the human within the development and design of interfaces and systems and impact that technology has upon individuals, organisations and society.
The learning environment of the programme encourages the development of research and design as well as analytical and group work skills. Students conduct a range of individual and group based assignments that focus on key theoretical, research and design based challenges in human centered computing.
The programme engages students primarily through lectures, online learning exercises and group work as well as individual assignments.
Graduates will be qualified to work in industry, government, universities and NGOs in roles such as:
- Web content manager
- Social media manager
- Knowledge management analyst
- Digital publisher
- Information architect
More informationVisit official programme website
- Information Architecture: Designing the Web
- Management for Information Professionals
- Foundations of Info Studies
- UXD: User-Centered Design
- Research Methods
- Quantitative Data Analysis
- Research Theory and Practice
- Introduction to Artificial Intelligence
- Human Language Technologies
- Introduction to Cognitive Science
- Human Computer Interaction
- Web Publishing
- Managing Information Technology for Information Professionals
- The Digital Self
- Information Ethics
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Applications are assessed on a rolling basis and courses will close once they are filled.
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Sciences User Experience Design Business Information Systems View 5 other Masters in User Experience Design in Ireland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- This programme is intended for applicants with a degree in any discipline. An upper second class honours or international equivalent is required.
- Applicants whose first language is not English must also demonstrate English language proficiency of IELTS 6.5 (no band less than 6.0 in each element), or equivalent.
International19900 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 19900 EUR per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA7920 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7920 EUR per year and a duration of 12 months.
- EU fee per year - € 5115
- nonEU fee per year - € 9950
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.