- The MA in Film Studies at University College Dublin includes topics in television as well as film, a combination unique in Irish Universities
- The MA is designed to enhance your fluency in critical media literacy
- Sophisticated digital screening facilities at the UCD O’Kane Observatory
- Some students will see this MA as a preparation for PhD research and an academic career.
Many of our alumni work in a varitey of different sectors, including the theatre and film industries, print and broadcast media and cultural institutes, where a background in the humanities is particularly valued. Graduates have established careers in organisations including The Irish Times, RTE television and radio, the Irish Film Institute, the Dublin International Film Festival, and FilmBase. They have also secured roles in film production organisations both in Ireland and internationally, as well as in academia.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Media Theory and Culture
- Research Skills in Film Studies
- Early and Silent Cinema
- Chick Flicks: Women and Hollywood Storytelling
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Applications are assessed on a rolling basis and courses will close once they are filled.
DisciplinesFilm, Photography & Media View 19 other Masters in Film, Photography & Media in Ireland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A BA (Hons) or a Bachelors in a cognate area (NFQ Level 8) with a 2.1 classification or equivalent* is normally required.
- *equivalencies will vary depending on grade scale of award presented but will generally require a grade average of B or a GPA no less than 3.08.
- Applicants whose first language is not English must also demonstrate English language proficiency of IELTS 7 (no band less than 6.5 in each element), or equivalent.
International19900 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 19900 EUR per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA7315 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7315 EUR per year and a duration of 12 months.
- EU fee per year - € 4390
- nonEU fee per year - € 9950
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.