Our MSc combines the social and technical aspects of sustainable architecture. You’ll be encouraged to develop a critical stance in relation to theories of sustainable architecture.
- The Sustainable Architecture Studies course from University of Sheffield will inspire and enable you to pursue innovative research and design strategies for the built environment, with the aim of transforming the built environment for a more equitable future.
- By the end of the course, you’ll possess the skills to produce complex design proposals that adopt a holistic approach to design and address the social, economic and environmental aspects of sustainable architecture.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Building Environmental Simulation and Analysis
- Renewable Energy
- Sustainable Design Project
- Principles of Building Physics for Sustainable Design
- Sustainable Design Thesis Project
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArchitecture Landscape Architecture View 275 other Masters in Architecture in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- You’ll need a 2:1 honours degree or equivalent qualification related to architecture, building science, engineering, construction, planning, building management or related built environment disciplines. You will also need to submit your design portfolio.
- If your degree isn’t design-based but you have a lot of professional experience we’ll consider your application.
- Overall IELTS score of 6.5 with a minimum of 6.0 in each component, or equivalent.
- We also accept a range of other UK qualifications and other EU/international qualifications.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International23250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23250 GBP per year during 12 months.
National9300 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9300 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Sheffield
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.