Statistics with Financial Mathematics degree offered at University of Sheffield is about applying probabilistic, statistical and mathematical techniques in the finance industry. It’s based on the MSc Statistics with additional training in the concepts, models and tools of modern mathematical finance.
There are lectures, tutorials and computing sessions. You’ll do group work, presentations and role play. Most statistics lectures are recorded so you can watch them again later.
The distance learning option is taught online with support via email and an online forum. Distance learners also come to the University for residential weeks.
- Accredited by the Royal Statistical Society
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Data Analysis
- Statistical Laboratory
- Linear Models
- Financial Mathematical, Dependent Data
- Stochastic Processes and Finance
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesFinancial Mathematics Statistics Actuarial Science View 69 other Masters in Financial Mathematics in United Kingdom
- Minimum 2:1 honours degree in mathematics, which must include a significant proportion of modern theorem and proof-based mathematics. A strong performance in a module based on rigorous mathematical analysis is essential.
- Your degree must also include a substantial component in statistics and probability theory.
International21100 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 21100 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA10500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10500 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.