Graduates will also be capable of working anywhere in the world at an advanced technical level or as a professional engineering manager. Candidates who have already completed a 4-year professional engineering bachelor’s degree may be eligible for recognition of prior learning, enabling them to complete this programme over 12 months.
The ME in Energy Systems at University College Dublin prepares engineers for work in designing and developing future energy systems and aims to deepen understanding of the interactions between these systems and the environment and energy policy, taking account of economic factors. T
- Graduates of this ME Energy Systems programme will be equipped with the skill set and knowledge vital for crucial roles in research, design and development in companies in the energy sector. Graduates from this programme have obtained jobs in a wide variety of organisations in Ireland and further afield, the majority in the energy sector.
The UCD ME (Energy Systems) degree programme is fully accredited at Masters level by Engineers Ireland and the programme has been awarded the EUR-ACE® Label as a Second Cycle Accredited European Engineering Programme under the EUR-ACE Framework of Standards for Accreditation of Engineering Programmes
- Entrepreneurship in Action
- Air Pollution
- Chem Proc Sust & Ren Energy
- Process Control
- Environmental Engineering Fundamentals
- Energy Economics and Policy
- Electrical and Electronic Circuits
- Electrical Energy Systems
- Power System Engineering
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- Applications are assessed on a rolling basis and courses will close once they are filled.
DisciplinesEntrepreneurship Energy & Power Engineering Sustainable Energy View 11 other Masters in Entrepreneurship in Ireland
- An honours undergraduate degree (NFQ level 8) with a minimum upper second class honours or international equivalence in a relevant Engineering programme.
- Applicants whose first language is not English must also demonstrate English language proficiency of IELTS 6.5 (no band less than 6.0 in each element), or equivalent.
- Students meeting the programme’s academic entry requirements but not the English language requirements, may enter the programme upon successful completion of UCD’s International Pre-Master’s Pathway programmes.
- These are the minimum entry requirements – additional criteria may be requested for some programmes
International25600 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25600 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA8085 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8085 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Dublin
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.