This Speech Difficulties course at University of Sheffield is designed for speech and language therapists and other professionals with a special interest in communication difficulties. You can study part-time by distance learning or full-time.
- You’ll develop your knowledge and skills of evidence-based practice so that you can effectively support people with developmental speech and literacy difficulties.
- This MSc explores conditions such as phonological impairment or disorder, childhood apraxia of speech, developmental verbal dyspraxia and dysarthria.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Spoken and Written Language
- Developing an Evidence-Base for Practice
- Speech Difficulties: Nature and Investigation
- Speech Difficulties: Intervention and Management
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesCommunication Studies Languages Linguistics View 375 other Masters in Linguistics in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- At least a 2:1 degree in a relevant discipline such as speech and language therapy/pathology, linguistics, education, psychology or computer sciences.
- A background in phonetics is necessary for some modules and experience of working with clients with speech difficulties is an advantage.
- Overall IELTS score of 7.0 with a minimum of 6.5 in each component, or equivalent.
- We also accept a range of other UK qualifications and other EU/international qualifications.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International26200 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 26200 GBP per year during 12 months.
National9800 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9800 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Sheffield
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.