This Sociology course at offers the opportunity to immerse yourself in established and emergent ideas and debates around the most pressing sociological challenges in the social world.
- The Sociology course at University of Sheffield is driven by the research of academics on the masters team, with a mix of core and optional modules designed exclusively for masters students. In your core modules, you will cover topics including advanced sociological thinking, engaging current sociology, and advanced qualitative and quantitative methods.
- You can also explore areas of sociological research that interest you through a range of optional modules. These are likely to include the sociologies of digital worlds; intimacies and everyday life; social division and interaction; and advanced qualitative or quantitative methods.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Concepts and Ideas in Sociological Theory
- Current Sociology and New Sociological Imaginations
- Innovations in Qualitative Research
- Multivariate Methods in Social Research
- Sociologies of the Everyday
- Social Media, Data and Society
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesSocial Work Sociology Corporate Social Responsibility View 53 other Masters in Corporate Social Responsibility in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Sheffield and/or in United Kingdom, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- 2:1 honours degree, or equivalent, in a relevant social science discipline, such as sociology, social policy, politics, anthropology, international relations, or development studies.
- Overall IELTS score of 6.5 with no less than 6.0 in each component, or equivalent.
- We also accept a range of other UK qualifications and other EU/international qualifications.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International20400 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20400 GBP per year during 12 months.
National9300 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9300 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Sheffield
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.