This Sociology course at offers the opportunity to immerse yourself in established and emergent ideas and debates around the most pressing sociological challenges in the social world.
- The Sociology course at University of Sheffield is driven by the research of academics on the masters team, with a mix of core and optional modules designed exclusively for masters students. In your core modules, you will cover topics including advanced sociological thinking, engaging current sociology, and advanced qualitative and quantitative methods.
- You can also explore areas of sociological research that interest you through a range of optional modules. These are likely to include the sociologies of digital worlds; intimacies and everyday life; social division and interaction; and advanced qualitative or quantitative methods.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Concepts and Ideas in Sociological Theory
- Current Sociology and New Sociological Imaginations
- Innovations in Qualitative Research
- Multivariate Methods in Social Research
- Sociologies of the Everyday
- Social Media, Data and Society
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesSocial Work Sociology Corporate Social Responsibility View 520 other Masters in Sociology in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- 2:1 honours degree, or equivalent, in a relevant social science discipline, such as sociology, social policy, politics, anthropology, international relations, or development studies.
- Overall IELTS score of 6.5 with no less than 6.0 in each component, or equivalent.
- We also accept a range of other UK qualifications and other EU/international qualifications.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International19450 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19450 GBP per year during 12 months.
National8500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8500 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Sheffield
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.