This Semiconductor Photonics and Electronics course at University of Sheffield covers the fundamentals and cutting-edge research in areas such as GaN materials and devices (behind the solid state lighting LED revolution), nanoscaled materials and devices, and photonic device manufacture.
- You will develop a comprehensive understanding of the materials and device theory plus practical experimental skills in extensive semiconductor cleanroom labwork, giving you a competitive edge in the jobs market.
Accredited by the Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET) on behalf of the Engineering Council as meeting the requirements for Further Learning for registration as a Chartered Engineer. You must hold a CEng accredited BEng/BSc (Hons) undergraduate first degree to comply with full CEng registration requirements.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Semiconductor Materials
- Principles of Semiconductor Device Technology
- Packaging and Reliability of Microsystems
- Nanoscale Electronic Devices
- Energy Efficient Semiconductor Devices
- Optical Communication Devices and Systems
- Compound Semiconductor Device Manufacture
- Major Research Project
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPhysics Electronics & Embedded Technology View 178 other Masters in Electronics & Embedded Technology in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- A 2:1 honours degree in electronic and electrical engineering, physics, maths and other branches of engineering involving significant mathematical competence and relevant technical modules.
- We will need evidence of relevant work/practical experience or strong performance in a major individual project during your degree.
- Overall IELTS score of 6.5 with a minimum of 6.0 in each component, or equivalent.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International26050 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 26050 GBP per year during 12 months.
National12750 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12750 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Sheffield
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.