This Quantum Photonics and Nanomaterials course from University of Sheffield teaches you about aspects of quantum physics that are paving the way for quantum technologies. You will study the fundamental properties of light and matter, and how they interact with each other.
This includes learning how semiconductors are used in electronic and optoelectronic devices, ranging from nanophotonic circuits, and micro- and nano-sources of quantum light, to photovoltaic solar cells.
- By formulating complex equations that describe the theory, and seeing how it’s put into practice with experiments in the lab, you’ll develop expertise that can be applied to some of the biggest challenges in science and technology, from new semiconductor nanostructures and 2D materials to building an optical quantum computer.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Optical Properties of Solids
- Advanced Electromagnetism
- Physics and Technology
- Research Skills in Physics
- Solid State Physics
- Research Project in Physics
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMaterials Science & Engineering Physics View 206 other Masters in Physics in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- We usually ask for a first-class degree, or equivalent, in physics.
- Overall IELTS score of 6.5 with a minimum of 6.0 in each component, or equivalent.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International24950 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24950 GBP per year during 12 months.
National12000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12000 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Sheffield
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.