Taught jointly by the departments of philosophy and politics, this Political Theory course from University of Sheffield gives you the opportunity to explore contemporary political philosophy and its historical underpinnings.
- You’ll study topics such as global justice, the environment, feminism, equality, freedom, democracy and international political theory, delving into the debates that are shaping current political discourse and developing your understanding of the cultural, historical and philosophical contexts that surround them.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Global Politics of Climate Change
- Global Health and Global Politics
- Human Rights
- International Political Sociology of Civil Wars
- Terrorism and Political Violence
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEnvironmental Economics & Policy Public Policy Political Science View 492 other Masters in Political Science in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- You’ll need a first-class or 2:1 honours degree from a UK university, or an equivalent grade from overseas.
- A degree in philosophy, politics or a related subject is preferred, though we will consider applicants from a wide range of disciplines, particularly if they can demonstrate other experience relevant to the programme.
- Overall IELTS score of 6.5 overall with 6.0 in each component, or equivalent.
- We also accept a range of other UK qualifications and other EU/international qualifications.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International20400 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20400 GBP per year during 12 months.
National9300 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9300 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Sheffield
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.