Plants and microbes are fundamental to food security, as well as being central to global ecosystems. At University of Sheffield , in the Plant and Microbial Biology programme, we study them from every angle: from the molecular level up to whole organisms, in the context of ecosystems, industry and major global challenges.
- Our world-class research expertise spans topics including plant development, plant biotechnology, soil health, genomics, food security, sustainable agriculture, photosynthesis, plant-microbe interactions, plant immunology, and climate change biology, allowing you to examine the effects of past, present and future climates on plants and the wider environment.
- It is possible for students with a particular interest in agricultural or horticultural research to complete their MRes project at other organisations, including Enza Zaden in the Netherlands or Rothamsted Research in the UK.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advanced Trends in Biology
- Advanced Biological Analysis
- Research and Study Skills in Biology
- Literature Review
- Research Project
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMicrobiology Botany View 39 other Masters in Botany in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- A 2:1 BSc honours degree, or equivalent, in biology or a closely related quantitative subject. In addition, you should be able to demonstrate evidence of aptitude and enthusiasm for research eg an undergraduate research project.
- Overall IELTS score of 6.5 with a minimum of 6.0 in each component, or equivalent.
- We also accept a range of other UK qualifications and other EU/international qualifications.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International28500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28500 GBP per year during 12 months.
National13000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13000 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Sheffield
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.