Nanotechnology has had a revolutionary influence on the development of novel materials over the last 20 years, and many new types of materials are now available, such as nano-carbon, nano-silica, and nano-magnetics.
These materials open new ways of designing advanced devices (sensors, electronics, data and energy storage) as well as improved structural and functional materials.
- The Nanomaterials and Materials Science course at University of Sheffield is designed to equip students with the know-how and skills for becoming an expert in materials science with a specialisation in nanotechnology.
- We provide a foundation semester in the general area of science and engineering of materials, followed by a nanoscience and nanotechnology-specific semester to give you comprehensive nanomaterials expertise.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Science of Materials
- Materials Processing and Characterisation
- Practical, Modelling and Digital Skills
- Nanoscale Magnetic Materials and Devices
- Nanostructures and Nanostructuring
- Functional Nano- and Bio-nanomaterials
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMaterials Science & Engineering Physics Nanoscience and Nanotechnology View 203 other Masters in Physics in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- A good honours degree in materials, a physical science (chemistry or physics) or a related engineering subject.
- Overall IELTS score of 6.5 with a minimum of 6.0 in each component, or equivalent.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International26200 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 26200 GBP per year during 12 months.
National13000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13000 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Sheffield
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.