Taught by the Department of Music and the Management School, our Music Management programme at University of Sheffield allows you to specialise in your areas of interest while gaining insight into the principles and strategies of management across the creative industries.
It’s suitable for those looking to launch a management career in the music industry and for music creators wishing to enhance their prospects of success.
- As the music industries are rapidly changing, private and public sector organisations are looking for graduates who can bring a high degree of flexibility and critical insight, which are transferable skills that are taught throughout the programme.
- Sheffield is a city with a thriving music and cultural scene, so practical work is embedded within the course to allow students to gain skills and an understanding of working for local and national arts organisations.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Strategic planning for music business clients
- Principles of Music Management
- Fundraising management: sponsorship, philanthropy and the state
- Cultural and Creative Entrepreneurship
- Staging Music in Theory and Practice
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesProject Management Music View 284 other Masters in Project Management in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- You'll need a 2:1 in music or a combined degree with a substantial music component.
- Degrees in other related subjects may be acceptable depending on your background.
- Overall IELTS score of 6.5 with a minimum of 6.0 in each component, or equivalent.
- We also accept a range of other UK qualifications and other EU/international qualifications.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International26200 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 26200 GBP per year during 12 months.
National13000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13000 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Sheffield
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.