Through research-focused training, you’ll develop your skills in planning and carrying out your own experiments, approaching scientific problems experimentally across molecular biology and biotechnology, and using revolutionary laboratory techniques, including CRISPR genome editing technology, Western analysis, and BLAST DNA sequence analysis, to solve these problems.
- Through lectures and seminars delivered in the Molecular Biology and Biotechnology programme from University of Sheffield , you’ll gain a unique perspective on the underpinning theory and latest research spanning the breadth of molecular biology.
- Once you’ve mastered the latest molecular bioscience techniques, you’ll be ready to apply these skills to your Research Project. Here you’ll spend up to six months researching an area of molecular biology or biotechnology that matches your future career aspirations under the supervision of an expert in the field.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Examples of possible research projects include:
- Cell cycle regulation;
- Plant genetic engineering;
- Study of mRNA processing;
- Molecular cell biology and imaging;
- Immunological approaches for disease therapy;
- Structural biology (e.g. X-Ray Crystallography);
- Production of biofuels and other useful products from microalgae;
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiotechnology Molecular Sciences Biochemistry View 130 other Masters in Biotechnology in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- A 2:1 degree or equivalent university qualification in molecular biology or a related subject (eg biochemistry, genetics, biotechnology, and microbiology).
- We also accept medical students who wish to intercalate their studies.
- Candidates with professional experience may also be considered following interview.
- Overall IELTS score of 6.5 with minimum of 6.0 in each component, or equivalent.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International26200 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 26200 GBP per year during 12 months.
National11500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11500 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Sheffield
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.