Whole genome sequencing has opened up a new era of studies into the molecular and cellular basis of human disease. At University of Sheffield we offer a master degree in Molecular and Cellular Basis of Human Disease .
The new molecular genetic and cellular approaches to understand human disease and disease processes in model systems are well established in our department, with some of the world’s foremost research in these areas being conducted in Sheffield.
- As the research base broadens and industry begins to adopt new technologies, the demand for this type of specialist training is strong across the healthcare industry and academia.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Laboratory Research Project
- Literature Review
- Critical Analysis of Current Science
- Ethics and Public Awareness of Science
- Practical Cell Biology
- Practical Developmental Genetics
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMolecular Sciences Biochemistry View 216 other Masters in Biochemistry in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- A good 2:1 honours degree in a biomedical-related subject.
- We also accept medical students who wish to intercalate their studies.
- Overall IELTS score of 6.5 with a minimum of 6.0 in each component, or equivalent.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International27150 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 27150 GBP per year during 12 months.
National12750 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12750 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Sheffield
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.