Historians have long been fascinated by modernity and the societies to which it gave rise.
- The content of our Modern History courses at University of Sheffield is reviewed annually to make sure it's up-to-date and relevant. Individual modules are occasionally updated or withdrawn.
- This is in response to discoveries through our world-leading research; funding changes; professional accreditation requirements; student or employer feedback; outcomes of reviews; and variations in staff or student numbers.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Prisoners of War in the Twentieth Century
- Sex and Power: The Politics of Women’s Liberation in Modern Britain
- Voices of the Great War: Gender, Experience and Violence in Great Britain and Germany, 1914–1918
- Medical Humanity? Medicine and Identity
- Imagining the Republic: Irish Republicanism, 1798–1998
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHistory Philosophy & Ethics Modern History View 645 other Masters in History in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- A 2:1 honours degree or equivalent in history or another humanities or social science discipline.
- You may be asked to supply examples of previous written work.
- Overall IELTS score of 7.0 with a minimum of 6.5 in each component, or equivalent.
- We also accept a range of other UK qualifications and other EU/international qualifications.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International20400 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20400 GBP per year during 12 months.
National9300 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9300 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Sheffield
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.