It is estimated that 70 per cent of innovations are due to an advance in materials. This Materials Science and Engineering course at University of Sheffield provides a solid grounding across a wide variety of materials, and aims to prepare you for a career in industry or research by teaching you the concepts and theories that make materials science and engineering possible.
- Our research-led teaching introduces you to all the latest developments.
- You’ll have the option to keep your course general or tailor your degree with optional modules to specialise in the area that interests you the most.
- Science of Materials
- Materials Processing and Characterisation
- Practical, Modelling and Digital Skills
- Heat and Materials with Application
- Research Project in an area of your choice
- Nuclear Reactor Engineering Studies
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMaterials Science & Engineering Physics View 206 other Masters in Physics in United Kingdom
- A good honours degree in materials, a physical science (chemistry or physics) or a related engineering subject
- Overall IELTS score of 6.5 with a minimum of 6.0 in each component, or equivalent.
International26200 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 26200 GBP per year during 12 months.
National13000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13000 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Sheffield
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.