The Public Health program from University of California, Berkeley is based on a series of foundation courses. In addition, MPH students concentrate in one of the following areas: Biostatistics, Environmental Health Sciences, Epidemiology, Epidemiology/Biostatistics, Health and Social Behavior, Health Policy and Management, Global Health and the Environment, Infectious Diseases and Vaccinology, Interdisciplinary, Maternal and Child Health, and Public Health Nutrition.
Learning outcomesThe MPH degree is available in a residential program on campus, or through an On-Campus/Online MPH program. The hybrid program requires two accelerated on-campus sessions, while all remaining coursework is completed online.
- By designing and implementing independent investigations, our students gain a deeper, holistic understanding of infectious diseases and human immunology to apply to the development of disease diagnostics, prevention, treatment and control.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Management Health Sciences View 2129 other Masters in Health Sciences in United States
- a bachelor’s degree or recognized equivalent from an accredited institution;
- a satisfactory scholastic average, usually a minimum grade-point average (GPA) of 3.0 (B) on a 4.0 scale; and
- enough undergraduate training to do graduate work in your chosen field.
- Evidence of English Language Proficiency
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE)
- Letters of Recommendation
- Application Fee: The application fee is not refundable. If you are a U.S. citizen or current permanent resident, the application fee is $105; for all others, the fee is $125.
International26544 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13272 USD per semester during 12 months.
National26544 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13272 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State11442 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5721 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Berkeley
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.