By the end of the Design course from University of Central Lancashire (UCLan) , you’ll have a cohesive body of work, produced to a professional standard that clearly articulates a sound intellectual rationale and a broad critical viewpoint.
You’ll pursue a unique personal line of inquiry in your chosen subject area and generate a portfolio of work tracking your development towards the goals agreed by you with academic staff.
The course is taught by tutors who are professional design practitioners and who play a prominent role in the University's research activities.
An optional placement year, gives you the chance to spend a minimum of 24 weeks putting theory into practice, and discovering how to make a living from doing what you love.
Design graduates go on to pursue successful careers within a wide range of design related disciplines, including designer/maker roles and in house and freelance.
You could work in manufacturing or become a modeller, animation artist, teacher, design buyer. Other options included working as a set, display or exhibition designer, interior or product designer, a gallery or exhibition curator or a design manager.
You’ll be guided towards interview opportunities with placement employers and could gain valuable experience with amazing companies, like trend forecasters The Future Laboratory, respected advertising agencies Mother London, Chase, Blue Marlin and a wealth of fashion and design brands including Superdry, Levi’s, Harrods, Fred Perry, etc. As well as opportunities within the fields of interior and product design.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Research Methodologies
- Research in Context
- Reflective Practice
- Design Advanced Practice
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
UK students can apply all year round.
DisciplinesDesign View 527 other Masters in Design in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Applicants should hold a 2:2 degree or equivalent professional experience or learning in a related field
- Applications from all candidates will be considered on their merits in the light of the nature and scope of the programme
- Professional experience in the field of design
- A detailed admissions procedure will be forwarded on application
- IELTS: Score of 6.5 or above
- A high level of achievement in undergraduate studies at a university elsewhere such as North America: Minimum overall GPA of 3.3 on a 4.0 scale
- All applicants are requested to submit digital supporting material and where possible will be invited to attend an interview with a portfolio of recent work
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International14500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14500 GBP per year during 12 months.
National7800 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7800 GBP per year during 12 months.
- Part-time: £867 per 20 credits (UK)
- Sandwich year: £2000 for the sandwich year (UK)
Living costs for Preston
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.