Graduate students of the Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering program at University of California, Berkeley may pursue a PhD in Chemical Engineering, or they may apply to the Product Development concentration to obtain an MS in Chemical Engineering. While formal courses are necessary to provide scientific fundamentals and intellectual breadth, the primary characteristic of Berkeley's graduate experience is to participate in the quest for new knowledge. Graduate students and faculty collaborate as partners in scholarship, in learning, and in intellectual discovery.
Focusing on Chemical Engineering core courses and higher division electives this highly competitive program will test students on a) transport phenomena; b) kinetics and chemical fundamentals; and c) thermodynamics at the end of the first semester.
- A total of 24 semester units are required for the M.S. Of the 24 units, Academic Senate regulations state that a minimum of 12 units must be in 200-level courses in Chemical Engineering (230, 240, 244, 250 and 274).
- Additional 12 units in upper division/graduate courses electives as approved by our Graduate Advisor.
- Research is not a requirement for the M.S. However, students may opt to enroll in research credits with an Advisor.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBio & Biomedical Engineering Biomedicine Chemistry View 342 other Masters in Biomedicine in United States
- Evidence of superior performance and research experience in the last 2 years of undergraduate studies;
- General Graduate Record Examination Scores are required and this cannot be waived. letters of recommendation from professors or colleagues familiar with the applicant's academic, research, and professional aptitudes.
- International students whose native language is not English must provide evidence of English language proficiency.
International26544 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13272 USD per semester during 12 months.
National26544 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13272 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State11442 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5721 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Berkeley
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.