This Clinical Implantology programme from University of Central Lancashire (UCLan) is delivered off-campus, in Glasgow and Birmingham via blended learning, using a combination of online delivery, face-to-face learning and clinical sessions at an approved regional training centre. It prepares you to provide safe and appropriate dental implants as part of your clinical practice.
Why study with us
- Examine patients, create treatment plans, place and restore dental implants, all under direct clinical supervision at one of our approved Clinical Training Centres.
- Gain the academic skills needed to critically appraise published work within dental and oral health related journals, and to understand how dental research is carried out in order to prepare you for your research project in the 2nd year.
- The University works in conjunction with governing dental bodies, ensuring that the curriculum facilitates the development of transferable skills, which you can apply to your clinical practice.
Our two-year part-time MSc Clinical Implantology course provides the busy General Dental Practitioner with a route to acquire the skills and knowledge required of a Dentist with Extended Skills.
Upon completion, you may choose to pursue further training and development in either a clinical or academic domain.
Clinicians completing this course should expect to provide implant treatment within their practice, under the guidance of a clinical mentor. More complex techniques can be learned by completing more advanced courses, study, practice and mentoring.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Clinical Implantology
- Utilising the Evidence Base
- Research Strategy
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesHuman Medicine Dentistry Health Sciences View 923 other Masters in Human Medicine in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applicants will be registered with an appropriate regulatory body and have a licence to be a dental therapist
- Be registered with a defence union - possessing indemnity insurance with cover at an appropriate level
- Be in professional practice or a hospital appointment while attending the course
- Hold a current certificate of immunisation against communicable disease Hepatitis B
- Competency may be demonstrated by qualification, accreditation of prior learning or separate University assessment
- DBS: all potential students must undergo an enhanced DBS check prior to admittance to the programme
- All suitable applicants will be interviewed
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
National31960 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31960 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Preston
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.