On completion of the Architectural Computation programme offered at the University College London (UCL), students will be able to use computational techniques in architecture, understand and predict the consequences of their design actions through computational processes, integrate their predictions into the design process, and carry out self-sufficient research into new methods and processes.
After completing the programme, most graduates go on to join leading architectural and engineering practices, either directly with design teams or with specialist modelling groups. Alumni have also joined (or founded) cutting-edge emerging digital design practices such as United Visual Artists and Moving Brands, or moved into academic research.
Our MSc provides a full learning experience with set projects and structured learning. It can be taken by those without any computational experience or those looking for industry-applicable skills.
- Computational Analysis
- Computational Synthesis
- Design as a Knowledge-Based Process
- Introduction to Programming for Architecture and Design
- Morphogenetic Programming
- Embodied and Embedded Technologies
- Digital Interaction
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- We recommend you apply as soon as possible. The programme may remain open if places are still available and will be closed as soon as it is full or by 30 June.
DisciplinesArchitecture History Landscape Architecture View 271 other Masters in Architecture in United Kingdom
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University College London (UCL) and/or in United Kingdom, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- The normal minimum qualifications are a second-class Bachelor's degree from a UK university or an overseas qualification of an equivalent standard. Some basic computing experience is expected.
- Applicants with lower standard of degree may be considered if the degree is in a subject appropriate to the programme and the applicant has considerable experience as a professional at a senior level, Please note that a special qualifying examination may be set. Details of this route can be obtained from the Built Environment Faculty Office.
International29400 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29400 GBP per year during 12 months.
National14700 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14700 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.