This International Political Economy course at University of Sheffield is about the study of contemporary capitalism; how it operates, who wins and loses from it and possibly how we can make the world a better place.
- On this course, you will engage with the most pressing problems in the global political economy and apply innovative ways of thinking to contemporary policy issues such as: sustainable capitalist development; inequalities and poverty; migration; environmental degradation and climate breakdown; rapid technological breakdown and emergent new powers.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Approaches to Political Economy
- Understanding Politics
- Research and Dissertation Preparation
- Politics Dissertation
- Capitalism and Crisis
- Development and the State
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEconomics Political Science View 539 other Masters in Economics in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- We’re looking for outstanding and enthusiastic students for our courses.
- You can apply to us with a good degree (first-class or strong 2:1 honours degree) in a relevant social science, arts and humanities, or related subject.
- Overall IELTS score of 6.5 with a minimum of 6.0 in each component.
- We also accept a range of other UK qualifications and other EU/international qualifications.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International19950 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19950 GBP per year during 12 months.
National9500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9500 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Sheffield
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.