One of Britain’s leading centres for the postgraduate study of global, international and imperial histories, the Department of History brings together internationally recognised expertise in the histories of South, East and Southeast Asia, Africa and the Americas, as well as in the wider history of imperialism, decolonisation, migration, war, humanitarianism and globalisation.
- The MA in Global History at University of Sheffield draws on this expertise to provide a deeper understanding of the forces shaping world history.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Before Facebook: Social Networks in History
- Biopolitics: Method, Meaning and Power
- Black Power: Race, Gender and Liberation in the United States and Beyond
- Burying the White Gods: Indigenous People in the Early Modern Colonial World
- Cold War Histories
- Food and Drink
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHistory Ancient History Modern History View 646 other Masters in History in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- A 2:1 honours degree in history or another humanities or social science discipline.
- You may be asked to supply examples of previous written work.
- Overall IELTS score of 7.0 with a minimum of 6.5 in each component, or equivalent.
- We also accept a range of other UK qualifications and other EU/international qualifications.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International20400 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20400 GBP per year during 12 months.
National9300 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9300 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Sheffield
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.