This unique research-led masters course provides laboratory training to future scientists in drug screening and gene discovery using the latest automated genomics techniques.
Students in the Genomic Approaches to Drug Discovery programme from University of Sheffield will also gain training in pharmaceutical industry practices through direct contact with industry leaders from a wide range of companies.
- Your research project will be undertaken in conjunction with the internationally renowned Sheffield RNAi Screening Facility, providing you with world-class training and professional skills in the use of pharmaco-genomics.
- You’ll also benefit from our modern research laboratories and equipment, including purpose-built facilities for drug screening, laboratory automation, cellular assays, imaging and processing.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Literature Review
- Practical Research Project
- Analysis of Current Science
- Ethics and Public Understanding
- Practical Approaches to Small Molecule and Functional Genomic Screening
- 3D Tissue Culture and Genome Editing
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiology Neuroscience View 484 other Masters in Biology in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- A good 2:1 honours degree in a biomedical-related subject.
- We also accept medical students who wish to intercalate their studies.
- Overall IELTS score of 6.5 with a minimum of 6.0 in each component, or equivalent.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International28500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28500 GBP per year during 12 months.
National13000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13000 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Sheffield
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.