Today’s arts administration leaders require a mix of professional skills, creative initiative and humane integrity to thrive in nonprofit arts environments. It combines current theory, academic research and applied practice to help you become an effective leader in Arts Administration (Online).
- Learn best practices in governance, audience development, marketing, financial management and legal principles pertaining to nonprofit arts.
- Prepare to lead in community engagement in the arts through, arts advocacy and arts policy development.
- Explore evolving technologies, global issues, ethical questions and leadership practices as they relate to nonprofit arts administration.
- Successfully complete a capstone project as a culminating experience.
Winthrop University provides personalized and challenging undergraduate, graduate, and continuing professional education programs of national caliber within a context dedicated to public service to the nation and to the State of South Carolina. Winthrop's longtime commitment to be among the very best institutions of its kind in the nation continually guides the mission of the university.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Principles and Practices of Arts Administration
- Effective Leadership and Management
- Marketing the Arts
- Financial Analysis, Budgeting, and Fiscal Management
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Art History View 451 other Masters in Business Administration in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in an arts or business management discipline.
- Overall undergraduate grade-point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Submit two letters of recommendation. Recommendations from arts and/or academic professionals who can speak about the applicant’s involvement in the nonprofit arts field and the applicant’s academic research/writing skills are preferred.
- Submit an essay describing background in a nonprofit art/cultural environment and reasons for pursuing this degree program.
- At least one year of professional or volunteer experience preferably in a nonprofit arts/cultural environment.
- Applicants must submit official transcript(s) from all institutions attended, even if the classes were transferred or if the applicant withdrew from the school.
International915 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 915 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National915 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 915 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.