The Special Education Intervention (Online) program empowers you to make a real difference in the lives of your students using intervention approaches that help them succeed academically.
In the online M.Ed. program, you will prepare to build, lead and participate in Response to Intervention (RTI) and Multi-Tiered System of Supports (MTSS) programs and other proven intervention programs that support students at their level of learning with minimal disruption. You will enable near-seamless connections between classroom instruction and empirically validated interventions in the areas of behavior, literacy and numeracy to improve students’ academic performance and build students’ self-confidence.
Winthrop University provides personalized and challenging undergraduate, graduate, and continuing professional education programs of national caliber within a context dedicated to public service to the nation and to the State of South Carolina. Winthrop's longtime commitment to be among the very best institutions of its kind in the nation continually guides the mission of the university.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Educational Research
- Literacy Strategies for Struggling Learners
- Characteristics of Students with LD
- Positive Behavior Intervention and Support
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesEducation Special Education View 1018 other Masters in Education in United States
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
- 3.0 G.P.A. If G.P.A. is below 3.0, preferred GRE scores of 151 verbal reasoning and 153 quantitative (or MAT score of 392).
- Submission of a valid U.S. teaching license (South Carolina Department of Education Class III Certificate or the equivalent from another state).
- Applicants must submit official transcript(s) from all institutions attended, even if the classes were transferred or if the applicant withdrew from the school.
- International students must have a course-by-course evaluation of their international coursework conducted by an independent evaluation service. See additional international requirements below.
International750 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 750 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National750 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 750 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.