The overall aim of the Biomedical Sciences MSc programme from the University College London (UCL) is for students to develop an advanced understanding of the development, structure and function of biological systems, together with an understanding of the mechanisms underlying normal function and dysfunction at molecular, cellular and systems levels.
Students will acquire and put into practice the research methods skills necessary to investigate mechanisms and develop knowledge in this field.
The Biomedical Sciences MSc provides opportunities for students to develop and broaden their knowledge and research skills and better prepare for future employment or specialist postgraduate research.
Biomedical Sciences MSc graduates significantly enhance their employability by developing their subject-specific knowledge in the field of biomedical science and their analytical and research skills.
Students gain an appreciation of how important biomedical science is to global healthcare and can approach international employers with confidence. In addition, the programme enhances student presentational and key skills enabling students to compete effectively in the job market.
- The Practice of Science
- Advances in the Neurosciences
- Physiology in Health and Disease
- Advances in Human Genetics
- Cancer and Personalised Medicines
- Cell Signalling
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- We recommend you apply as soon as possible. The programme may remain open if places are still available and will be closed as soon as it is full or by 30 June.
DisciplinesBiomedicine Complementary & Alternative Medicine Bioinformatics & Biostatistics View 39 other Masters in Complementary & Alternative Medicine in United Kingdom
- Normally a minimum of an upper second-class UK Bachelor's degree in biomedical sciences, life sciences or related subject area, or a medical degree (MBBS), or an overseas qualification of an equivalent standard.
- Please note that the programme is not accredited for hospital biomedical sciences training.
International32100 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 32100 GBP per year during 12 months.
National16500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16500 GBP per year during 12 months.
- UK: £8,250
- International: £16,050
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.