Electronic and electrical engineering is a broad and rapidly expanding set of disciplines.
Building on core teaching in electrical machines, electronic materials, and the way that electronic circuits interact, this Electronic and Electrical Engineering course at University of Sheffield will allow you to choose from a wide range of optional modules from all our active research areas to tailor your learning in a way that meets with your requirements.
- We deliver research-led teaching with individual support for your research project and dissertation.
Accredited by the Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET) on behalf of the Engineering Council as meeting the requirements for Further Learning for registration as a Chartered Engineer. You must hold a CEng accredited BEng/BSc (Hons) undergraduate first degree to comply with full CEng registration requirements.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- AC Machines
- Advanced Control of Electric Devices
- Energy Storage Management
- Motion Control and Servo Drives
- Permanent Magnet Machines and Actuators
- Power Electronic Converters
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesElectrical Engineering Electronics & Embedded Technology View 163 other Masters in Electronics & Embedded Technology in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- A 2:1 honours degree in electronic and electrical engineering, physics, maths or any other branch of engineering involving significant mathematical competence and relevant technical modules.
- We will need evidence of relevant work/practical experience or strong performance in a major individual project during your degree.
- Overall IELTS score of 6.5 with a minimum of 6.0 in each component, or equivalent.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International24950 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24950 GBP per year during 12 months.
National12750 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12750 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Sheffield
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.