Education - Language and Education degree offered at University of Sheffield covers a very broad field and will appeal to those working in language teaching and learning, both internationally and nationally, whether teaching English as a foreign language/second language, or teaching second or foreign languages. It will also appeal to those fascinated by the world of linguistics and sociolinguistics.
Two core modules and two subject-specific modules.
Teaching and learning takes place via lectures, seminars, tutorials, discussion, active inquiry and investigations. Regular meetings with a personal tutor support and encourage your learning and understanding.
A weekly tutorial and a Study of Education course accompanies the taught modules.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Critical Issues in Education and Educational Research
- Language Acquisition, Learning and Pedagogy
- Language, Society and Education
- Qualitative Methodologies in Educational Research
- The Practice of Research
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesEducation Languages Linguistics View 816 other Masters in Education in United Kingdom
- A 2:1 honours degree in a related field. We may be able to accept a 2:2 degree if you have a minimum of 12 months' relevant work experience.
- We may also accept applicants with a 2:1 honours degree in a non-related field who have a minimum of 12 months' relevant work experience.
International18500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 18500 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA8000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8000 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.