Digital Architecture and Design degree offered at University of Sheffield allows you to apply your digital design knowledge and skills creatively, guided by tutors.
We are one of the UK's top architecture schools. Our teaching staff are doing world-class research, helping to make the school a leader in our field across the UK and internationally. Through our teaching and research, we explore the social, spatial and environmental implications of architecture. As a Sheffield student you will engage with real issues affecting the built environment.
Digital technologies are changing the way buildings and urban spaces are designed, constructed and inhabited. On this course, you’ll gain the skills required to produce innovative architecture in the digital era.
The past decade has shown growing expectations for built spaces with capacity to respond dynamically to future challenges such as climate change and ageing populations. On this course you will use advanced computational methods, tools and processes to develop technologically, socially and environmentally responsive architecture which meets the challenges of sustainable and liveable intelligent cities.
Learning is through studio-based design work with individual and group tutorials, block seminars, workshops and traditional lecture modules.
You’ll be assessed on course assignments, design thesis and a dissertation.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Parametric Architectural Geometry
- Critical Applications of Building Information Modelling
- Advanced Simulation for Modelling Adaptive Architecture
- Elements of Computational Design
- Digital Architecture Design Studio Projects
- MSc Digital Architecture and Design Dissertation
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesArchitecture Design View 409 other Masters in Design in United Kingdom
- You’ll need a 2:1 honours degree or an equivalent qualification. We welcome applicants with design experience in areas such as architecture, urban design, landscape architecture, interaction design, architectural/environmental engineering, structural/material engineering, robotics.
- We’d also like to see your portfolio to get an idea of your design abilities.
International21100 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 21100 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA8000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8000 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.