Select one of two concentrations and earn your MSN completely online. Courses of the Nursing (Online) program of University of Massachusetts Dartmouth are asynchronous, which allows you to learn on your schedule.
Both concentrations provide the student with the foundational knowledge of healthcare systems, healthcare policy, nursing research methods, and healthcare informatics. You’ll apply your new knowledge in various practice settings, and a final capstone project prepares you for practice.
Nursing and Healthcare Education
Prepares you to become a nurse educator role in academic, clinical, or staff development setting. You’ll learn to design, implement, evaluate, and revise academic and continuing education programs for nurses. The curriculum integrates core masters-level concepts, advanced clinical foundations, and education-focused courses. It culminates in an intensive, individualized practicum of at least 112 hours. Each student collaborates with an experienced educator to grow in the role.
Global Public Health
Prepares you to work in the U.S. or in an international setting with diverse individuals, families, and populations, to improve healthcare outcomes through illness prevention, health promotion and health policy. The curriculum integrates core masters-level concepts, advanced clinical foundations, and global public health-focused courses. It culminates in an intensive individualized practicum of a least 112 hours. Each student collaborates with an experienced professional to grow in the role
- Statistical Analysis of Data
- Theoretical Foundations for Advancing Nursing Practice
- The US Health Care Delivery System
- Translating Research Evidence for Advancing Nursing Practice
- Promoting the Health of Populations
- Healthcare Informatics
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesHuman Medicine Nursing Health Sciences View 747 other Masters in Health Sciences in United States
- Submit a statement of purpose (Minimum of 300 words)
- Submit a resume
- Submit official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions attended (regardless if a credential is earned or not)
- Hold a Bachelor of Science degree in nursing from a program accredited by the NLNAC or CCNE.
- Registered Nurses with a bachelor degree in a related field may seek admission through the GAP program.
- Hold a current license to practice professional nursing in the state where you live.
- Submit 2 letters of reference that document competence, leadership and professional integrity in nursing practice.
International44366 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22183 USD per semester during 36 months.
National31326 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15663 USD per semester during 36 months.
In-State24584 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12292 USD per semester during 36 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.