This 12-month Cognitive and Computational Neuroscience course from University of Sheffield will give you in-depth training in core aspects of contemporary neuroscience, from sensation and sensory processing, to understanding complex brain functions and artificial intelligence. You'll be prepared for an exciting career in research, healthcare, industry, or further study to PhD level.
- Throughout your course, our neuroscientists will introduce you to the core problems in computational neuroscience, adaptive behaviour, neuroethology, evolutionary biology, connectionism and robotics.
- We’ll teach you the core techniques in experimental cognitive psychology, including computational modelling, biomimetic robots and cutting-edge neuroimaging, and give you opportunities to apply these techniques.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Fundamentals of Neuroscience
- Computational Neuroscience
- Mathematical Modelling and Research Skills
- Systems Neuroscience
- Computational Neuroscience and Research Project in Cognitive Neuroscience.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPsychology Neuroscience Cognitive Sciences View 831 other Masters in Psychology in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Starting from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Sheffield and/or in United Kingdom, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- A 2:1 honours degree or equivalent qualification in either a life science (including psychology) or mathematical/physical science (including engineering).
- We accept medical students who wish to intercalate their studies.
- Overall IELTS score of 6.5 with 6.0 in each component.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International28500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28500 GBP per year during 12 months.
National11500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11500 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Sheffield
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.