Cognitive and Clinical Neuroscience from Maastricht University is a dynamic and growing programme, characterised by its friendly and enthusiastic atmosphere and its very international character – traits that are shared with Maastricht University as a whole. It offers top-rated education by excellent teachers who are also internationally recognised research experts in the topics they teach. Distinguishing aspects of the programme are its small-scale, group-based education, allowing for close interaction with both the teaching staff and other highly motivated students, and its attractive mix of theoretical and practical training. We invite you to explore the profile of each specialisation and the practical details of how to apply!
Students at Cognitive and Clinical Neuroscience from Maastricht University will:
- combine in-depth knowledge on human brain function, perception and cognition with an extensive and hands-on training for using advanced brain imaging (fMRI, fNIRS, DWI, EEG) and brain stimulation (TMS, tDCS) techniques.
- gain theoretical background and practical experience in pharmaceutical drug research and development, medicinal nutrition and personalised healthcare.
- combine theoretical background with practical experience in research at the interface of biology and psychology.
- understand human individual and social decision-making by investigating its neuronal basis and underlying psychological processes.
- focus on normal and disturbed behaviour in relation to brain structure and function.
- gain theoretical background and clinical skills needed for research in mental health.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Cognitive Neuroscience
- Drug Development and Neurohealth
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
First selection round deadline: 15 January
DisciplinesNeuroscience Health Sciences Cognitive Sciences View 40 other Masters in Cognitive Sciences in Netherlands
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A recent passport picture
- A copy of your passport or your EU/EEA identity card: make a copy of the page with your personal details.
- A copy of your most recent certified grades transcript and a copy of your certified diploma if you have obtained it.
- Letter of motivation, in English, max. 500 words. Make sure to indicate your chosen specialisation at the beginning of the letter.
- Provide information about your academic background (Information Sheet Forensic Master + Research Master).
- Ask for two academic references.
- Copy of your language test with sufficient results (if applicable).
International16800 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16800 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA2168 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2168 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Maastricht
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.