On this Architectural Engineering Design course at University of Sheffield , you’ll combine engineering and architecture to design efficient, sustainable and environmentally sensitive buildings. You’ll cover thermodynamics and energy use in buildings, efficient structural design, material selection – including low impact materials – thermal modelling, airflow analysis and urban microclimate design.
- You’ll have access to our leading lab and computer facilities and state of the art equipment, working with wind tunnels, the Urban Flows Observatory Visualisation Suite, virtual reality equipment and thermal cameras.
- You’ll be prepared to design and construct buildings to creatively and innovatively reduce environmental impact. Our graduates go on to become building services professionals, environmental design specialists, and low-carbon built environment practitioners.
This degree is accredited as meeting the requirements for Further Learning for a Chartered Engineer (CEng) for candidates who have already acquired a partial CEng accredited undergraduate first degree.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Building Environment Simulation and Analysis
- Principles of Building Physics for Sustainable Design
- Thermodynamics for Buildings
- Computational Fluid Dynamics
- Architectural Engineering Design Project
- Urban Microclimate
- Design for a Sustainable Environment
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArchitecture Design Graphic Design View 277 other Masters in Architecture in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Minimum 2:1 honours degree (BEng, MEng, BSc) in a scientific or engineering subject.
- If you have architectural qualifications and you can show evidence of relevant mathematical skills, we’ll consider your application.
- Overall IELTS score of 6.5 with a minimum of 6.0 in each component, or equivalent.
- We also accept a range of other UK qualifications and other EU/international qualifications.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International26200 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 26200 GBP per year during 12 months.
National13000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13000 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Sheffield
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.