This Applied Geographical Information Systems (GIS) course from University of Sheffield will provide you with the mix of technical skills, practical experience and theoretical understanding you need to launch a successful career in the fields of GIS, applied policy research or spatial data analysis.
You’ll develop a wide variety of knowledge in areas such as advanced spatial analysis, geovisualisation, policy applications of GIS in practice, a nd thematic mapping and cartogram creation.
Facilities and equipment
- Our postgraduate study rooms are equipped with the latest industry-standard GIS software and a range of other specialist tools. GIS facilities are available on all 1,500 networked computers across campus.
- Both departments are based in the Geography and Planning Building on the edge of Weston Park.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Data, Visualisation and GIS
- Applications of GIS
- Open Source GIS and Spatial Data Analysis
- Professional Research Design and Project Management
- Advanced GIS Methods
- The Professional GIS Project
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesGeography Geology Geographical Information Systems (GIS) View 73 other Masters in Geographical Information Systems (GIS) in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- For UK students, the usual entry requirement is a 2:1 degree or evidence of equivalent achievement (for example, a professional qualification combined with work experience).
- Applications are also welcomed from candidates with a 2:2 degree, although evidence of work experience or other activity is generally expected.
- Overall IELTS score of 6.5 with a minimum of 6.0 in each component, or equivalent.
- We also accept a range of other UK qualifications and other EU/international qualifications.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International20950 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20950 GBP per year during 12 months.
National10300 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10300 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Sheffield
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.