This version of our Advanced Control and Systems Engineering (with Industry) course at University of Sheffield includes a 12-month work placement. In the first year, you’ll take basic and advanced modules. In the second year, you’ll put your knowledge and skills to work.
- We’ll give you training in research skills. You’ll carry out an extended research project with a dissertation.
- You’ll also write a report and give a presentation based on your work placement.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Foundations of Control Systems
- State-Space, Optimal Control and Nonlinear Systems
- Signal Processing and Estimation
- Embedded Systems and Rapid Control Prototyping
- Managing Engineering Projects and Risk
- Design Innovation Toolbox
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesIndustrial & Systems Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 778 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- You’ll be an engineering, mathematics or science honours graduate with a 2: 1 degree. You’ll also need to have excellent mathematical notation and basic computer programming skills.
- You’ll need to provide a statement about your proposed work placement.
- Overall IELTS score of 7.5 with a minimum of 7.0 in each component.
- We also accept a range of other UK qualifications and other EU/international qualifications.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International24950 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24950 GBP per year during 24 months.
National12750 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12750 GBP per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Sheffield
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.