Our flagship course blends theory and practice, giving you a strong grounding for a career in industry or research. This continually evolving course has been running for over 40 years and is well supported by the UK Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council (EPSRC).
- The core modules from the Advanced Control and Systems Engineering programme at University of Sheffield provide you with the basic skills you’ll need to become a control and systems engineer.
- You’ll take advanced modules in current areas of interest and complete a research-level dissertation project.
Accredited by the Engineering Council UK, Institution of Engineering and Technology and the Institute of Measurement and Control.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Foundations of Control Systems
- State-Space, Optimal Control and Nonlinear Systems
- Signal Processing and Estimation
- Embedded Systems and Rapid Control Prototyping
- Advanced Industrial Control
- Control Systems Project and Dissertation
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesIndustrial & Systems Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 153 other Masters in Industrial & Systems Engineering in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- You’ll be an engineering, mathematics or science honours graduate with a 2:1 degree from a recognised institution.
- Or you may be an experienced professional, thinking about updating your knowledge of the subject. You’ll need to have excellent mathematical notation and basic computer programming skills.
- Overall IELTS score of 6.5 with a minimum of 6.0 in each component, or equivalent.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International26200 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 26200 GBP per year during 12 months.
National13000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13000 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Sheffield
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.