Mathematics Education programme is offered at Brigham Young University.
- Graduates demonstrate understanding of research methods in mathematics education by showing they can a) locate an interesting and important problem; b) conduct a literature review to situate the problem; c) develop a conceptual framework; d) establish focused research questions; e) choose and implement appropriate methods for collecting and analyzing data; f) address issues of research quality such as validity, reliability, and significance; and g) effectively communicate their work both orally and in writing.
- Graduates can explain, evaluate, and apply important issues, trends, theories, paradigms of research, and research findings in the field of mathematics education, as well as their implications for the teaching and learning of mathematics in the public schools, mathematics teacher development, and participation in mathematics education scholarship.
- Graduates are able to analyze topics from school mathematics in the context of the literature on students' mathematical thinking, meaningfully apply research on teaching and learning mathematics in their teaching, and use scholarly inquiry as a lens to reflect on that teaching.
- Graduates have developed a level of professionalism that enables and compels them to continually seek opportunities to improve their own practice, keep abreast of advances and developments in the field both locally and nationally, and provide leadership in professional, school, and community organizations.
- Issues in Learning Mathematics
- Scholarly Inquiry in Mathematics Education
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Mathematics View 4318 other Masters in Education in United States
- Credit equivalent to a BA in Mathematics Education at BYU
- State teacher certification
International7700 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7700 USD per year during 24 months.
National7700 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7700 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Provo
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.