Your modules offer perspectives on a broad range of topics in relation to the study of media and culture, such as the effect of globalisation on media consumption, the impact new media platforms have had upon fandom, and how cultural identities are marginalised through mediatized images.
Work will be evaluated via a range of innovative assessment methods, including pitching your work to industry experts. With this Media and Culture course from Leeds Beckett University you will learn collaboratively through seminars, guest lectures and workshops, with a wealth of opportunities to give your learning real-world context. Our academic staff's professional experience will ensure your expertise meets the expectations of potential employers.
You will develop a variety of transferable skills and build professional networks that will enable you to progress in industry, move into a new sector or set up your own venture. Alongside your major independent project, your proven critical analysis skills will create roles across a variety of industries, including television, cultural development, mobile technology management, journalism, marketing and events management.
- PR practitioner
- Game designer
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The Art of Investigation
- Media & Cultural Theory
- Theory into Practice
- Contested Cultures of Difference
- Major Project
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- Most courses don't have fixed application deadlines. But, our courses are popular - they can fill up quickly. It's best to apply as early as possible.
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Media Studies & Mass Media View 639 other Masters in Area & Cultural Studies in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Applicants should either have at least a second class honours degree in the cognate subjects of Media, Humanities or Social Sciences, at least a second class honours degree in a non-cognate subject supported by evidence of an aptitude for the subject applied for, or have equivalent experience or training, normally from within the work environment. All applications should be supported by a reference, either academic or professional; you can download our reference template for completion. All applicants should satisfy our University English language requirements.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International15000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15000 GBP per year during 12 months.
National7000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7000 GBP per year during 12 months.
- PT UK: £777 for each 20 credit point module
- Part-time rates for international students are not automatically displayed as there are specific visa requirements which generally limit students to study in the UK on a full-time basis.
Living costs for Leeds
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.