The Biomedical Engineering and Biotechnology program of University of Massachusetts Dartmouth is a nationally recognized program at the intersection of biology and engineering that:
- is suitable for individuals with an undergraduate degree in a wide range of life science or engineering/physical science fields
- addresses contemporary biomedical/health research problems
- prepares you to work in the biomedical and healthcare industry
The program addresses contemporary biomedical and health research problems and contributes significantly to meeting the need of industry, government, and education for biomedical and biotechnology researchers.
Because the degree brings together biomedical engineering with biotechnology, it is designed equally for students with life sciences or engineering and physical science backgrounds.
Students may elect to take the MS degree in Biomedical Engineering and Biotechnology at the end of two years. This degree is well suited to students with undergraduate degrees in the sciences and engineering who want to advance within medical or biomedical fields. It provides focused technical skill development as well as management and communication competencies for the clinical or biotechnology laboratory setting as well as the larger healthcare-related environment.
The program aims to provide its students with the following knowledge, skills, and abilities.
You will develop the ability to:
- formulate/test multiple, original scientific hypotheses related to dissertation research
- design/carry out detailed experiments or develop theoretical models/numerical simulations
- apply research in solving current biomedical/health problems, especially in relationship to new discoveries in nanoscience and technology
- function as independent researchers with strong critical thinking, inquiry-based analytical skills
- work on integrated problems in multidisciplinary research teams
- critically interpret research results, synthesizing findings from other investigators/previous studies, that will serve as the basis for developing new hypotheses
- Biomedical Engineering/Biotechnology
- Quantitative Physiology
- Advanced Cell and Molecular Biology
- Biomaterials: Tissue Engineering, Polymers/Plastics, Fivers/Textiles, Nanotechnology
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- Apply before
DisciplinesBio & Biomedical Engineering Biotechnology Biochemistry View 365 other Masters in Bio & Biomedical Engineering in United States
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Must have an undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or higher to be considered.
- Minimum GRE of 300. The GRE can be waived for applicants with a prior graduate degree from an accredited US institution.
- Applicant must have a minimum of 2 semesters (or 3 quarter sequence) of calculus and have strong quantitative skills.
- Successful applicants generally have had undergraduate coursework in statistics/experimental design and in life science/biomedical science.
- Statement of purpose (300 words)
International44366 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22183 USD per semester during 12 months.
National31326 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15663 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State24584 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12292 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for New York City
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.