The Social and Cultural Anthropology program from Freie Universität Berlin offers a differentiated engagement with theoretical questions that combine micro- and macrolevels and integrate social, cultural, and political-economic perspectives.
- Regional knowledge of Asian and African countries as well as an emphasis on international experience in the framework of a project to be carried out independently underscore the significance that the program places on intercultural understanding.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Through its degree programs B.A. and M.A. Social and Cultural Anthropology, the Institute offers students excellent university-level training grounded in current debates within the discipline and topics of contemporary global concern.
- On the following pages, you can learn more about the members of our faculty and their thematic and regional areas of interest and expertise, as well as the seven research areas—Anthropology of Emotion, Medical Anthropology, Environmental Anthropology, Visual and Media Anthropology, the Disaster Research Unit, Anthropology of Religion, and Political and Legal Anthropology—that represent the overarching research emphases of our institute.
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor’s degree with at least 60 credit points in ethnology or social or cultural anthropology or an equivalent degree.
- Proof of English language skills (level B2 CEFR).
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
Students do not pay any tuition fees, the university only charges semester fees and contributions each semester.
Living costs for Berlin
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.