On the one hand, this entails teaching of background knowledge in a variety of domains, such as perception, learning, memory, decision making, empathy, and language, with a particular emphasis on current research and developments.
On the other hand, this entails teaching and applied learning of a large array of methodological skills, including planning and programming of neurocognitive experiments, conducting experiments using functional magnetic resonance imaging (fMRI), electroencephalography (EEG), transcranial magnetic stimulation (TMS), and near-infrared spectroscopy (NIRS), and the statistical analysis of experimental data.
- The theoretical and methodological skills for analyzing and predicting the neurocognitive foundations of behaviour qualify students for research-related employment in both private and public sector organizations and academia.
- Students in the Social, Cognitive and Affective Neuroscience program from Freie Universität Berlin acquire a broad set of transferable skills, such as foundations in applied programming, statistical analysis, and presentation and report writing.
- Statistical Methods
- Neurocognitive Methods and Programming
- Cognitive Neuroscience
- Affective and Social Neuroscience
- Developmental and Evolutionary Neuroscience
- Clinical Social, Cognitive and Affective Neuroscience
- Neurocognitive Methods Practical
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesNeuroscience View 32 other Masters in Neuroscience in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor’s degree in Psychology, Neuroscience, Cognitive Science, Physics, Biology, Computer Science, passing grades on both sections of the licensing examination for physicians (Ärztliche Prüfung) or equivalent other university degree comprising at least six semesters of study of psychology.
- Proof of English language skills (CEFR Level C1) for applicants whose native language is other than English and who did not earn their university entrance degree at an institution where English is the language of instruction.
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
Students do not pay tuition fees, but the university charges semester fees and contributions each semester, which include a ticket for public transportation.
Living costs for Berlin
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.