The program in Media and Political Communication at Freie Universität Berlin provides students with the analytical and methodological skills necessary for understanding and researching political communication in an ever-changing media world.
Focal points of the program include: political communication and media or mediated political communication; political communication management; political journalism; media policy and regulations. There is a strong focus on international and comparative perspectives.
The aim of this theory-driven and research-oriented master’s program is to provide students with detailed professional knowledge in the field of political communication.
The Master’s students will acquire methodological and analytical skills allowing them to research and evaluate political communication problems and phenomena in a changing media environment.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Theories and Findings of Political Communication Research
- Political Communication Research Methods
- Political Journalism
- History and Structures of Political Communication
- Strategic Communication in Politics
- Applied Political Communication Research
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesCommunication Sciences Media Studies & Mass Media View 17 other Masters in Media Studies & Mass Media in Germany
- University degree with at least 60 credit points in the field of media and communication studies (including at least 10 credit points in research methods).
- Proof of language proficiency in English (English proficiency at level B2 CEFR).
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
Students do not pay any tuition fees, the university only charges semester fees and contributions each semester.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.