Some subjects are also recognised by the Royal Australasian College of Medical Administrators (RACMA) for the Fellowship Training Program in medical administration.
Designed to fit around full-time work and busy lives, this 100% online course offers you the flexibility you need at a university that's rated in the top 1% worldwide. Study when it suits you and graduate in just one year.
You'll study subjects in ethics, finance, research, management and more with a focus on the specific needs of the healthcare industry. You gain the knowledge and skills you need to advance your career.
Subjects are designed to help you become a standout leader with superior skills in project management, process development, strategic thinking and data interpretation.
You’ll develop leadership skills with a focus on resiliency, ethical thinking, emotional intelligence and flexibility.
Explore your options for research and projects or choose a specialisation in public health. Consider expanding your skill set with a dual course in Master of Health Administration and Master of Public Health, where you'll layer public health and healthcare business knowledge.
According to the 2019 Australian Government Employment Projections, the number of jobs for health managers is expected to grow 18.6% by 2024.
Once you graduate, you’ll be able to:
- advance your career into leadership and management positions in general management
- pursue specialist roles in areas such as project management, quality management or the management of a health profession
- improve healthcare outcomes through project management, process development or interpreting health data
- use new skills in resilience; strategic, flexible and ethical thinking; emotional intelligence and goal setting to stand out as a leader.
*12 month completion applies to students entering with a cognate bachelors and honours year
- This course covers the core competencies outlined by the Australasian College of Health Service Management (ACHSM). It helps you become a skilled expert with the confidence and knowledge for the leadership role you want.
- Some subjects are also recognised by the Royal Australasian College of Medical Administrators (RACMA) for the Fellowship Training Program in medical administration.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureSubjects include:
- Comparative Health System
- Managing System Improvement (includes a crisis management module)
- Financial Management in Health Services
- Management and Leadership in Health
- Health Care Quality
- Epidemiology and Biostatistics (includes health data analysis)
- Health Law and Ethics
- System Thinking and Leadership
The Master of Health Administration will equip you for a leadership role in healthcare management. You aspire to manage health agencies or system improvements, staff, projects or research.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
- 60 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
- 180 total credit points; 12 subjects; 15 credit points a subject
- Opportunities for alternate entry include special consideration and advanced standing.
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Management Health Sciences View 107 other Masters in Public Health in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
To apply to La Trobe's Master of Health Administration, you'll need to complete your application and provide the following:
- Completed undergraduate degree in any discipline
- Transcripts from prior colleges and universities
- Resume or CV
- Personal statement
Alternate entry is also available via special consideration or advanced standing.
To help all our students succeed academically, we have English language requirements for entry into our courses. For more information on these requirements visit Official Programme Website.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International27600 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 27600 AUD per year during 24 months.
National27600 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 27600 AUD per year during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.