Psychosocial underpinnings, along with the skills of leadership and administrative facilitation, result in the study of Leisure and Tourism in a variety of contexts. The professional core courses, along with the research methods and interpretation of research courses, provide the necessary skills to read, interpret, critique, and conduct creative and scholarly activities for either a thesis or a project. Students work with an advisor in developing a specified course sequence relevant to their needs and interests beyond the required professional core and within a two-year cycle of course offerings. Faculty interests in Leisure and Tourism Studies include environmental issues, outdoor recreation, public and community recreation administration, and tourism studies.
- Foundations of Recreation & Leisure Experience
- Program Design & Strategies of Rec. & Leisure Services
- Foundations of Travel and Tourism
- Strategic Planning for Travel and Tourism
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesTourism & Leisure View 57 other Masters in Tourism & Leisure in United States
- $75 non-refundable application fee
- Scanned copies of official or unofficial transcripts from all institutions attended. Upon admission, final official or notarized copies of transcripts from all institutions where degrees were earned (showing dates when the degrees were conferred) and diplomas from international institutions must be submitted.
- Standardized test scores (GRE, GMAT, PRAXIS, OAE) may be required. Please visit the program website for additional information.
- Programs may also require recommendations, a statement of purpose, a resume, and other documents. Please visit the program website for additional information.
International18678 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9339 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
National10688 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5344 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.