The Postgraduate Certificate in Education in Post Compulsory Education and Training from University of South Wales is a a collaborative environment where we work with you to develop the professional values, knowledge and skills you’ll need to work and thrive in a diverse and dynamic PcET sector.
The main purpose of the (PGCE) Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PcET) programme is to prepare you for employment in the post-compulsory education and training sector.
The employment chances of our graduates are good. For many, their teaching practice placement is an invaluable source of experience, information, and sometimes employment on the successful completion of their PGCE.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Preparing to Teach
- Learning and Applying Pedagogy
- Planning and Assessing Learning
- Independent Study
- Enhancing learning, teaching and assessment
- Professional Practice
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesEducation Educational Research Teaching View 815 other Masters in Education in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- A 2:1 degree or above is desirable, or a recognised equivalent, in a relevant subject area. If you are offering a vocational subject you are normally expected also to demonstrate that you have some relevant vocational experience
- Mathematics and English language GCSE Grade C or above, or equivalent, are desirable
- Enhanced DBS check required as appropriate
- Part-time applicants will be required to confirm 50 hours (minimum) of teaching, and 20 hours of observation of an experienced tutor in the first year and in second year will be required to confirm 50 hours (minimum) of teaching and 20 hours of observation/departmental duties.
- An interview is required for this course
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International13500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 13500 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA9000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9000 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
Part-time UK and EU: £900 per 20 credits
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.