The University of South Wales at Newport has led the field in vocational teacher education in Wales for many years, on our campus in Caerleon, in our partner FE colleges and more recently in our riverside campus in the centre of Newport.
The Postgraduate Certificate in Post Compulsory Education and Training (PcET) from University of South Wales aims to develop student teachers:
- who are familiar with/confident about social sciences discourse
- who may later be interested in pursuing Master’s study in Education
- whose writing is already at Master’s level (assessed during application)
You would need to hold a level 6 qualification in their teaching subject area, along with one or more year’s vocational experience in their teaching subject (where relevant). Once with us, you will develop skills, confidence and understanding of learning, teaching and assessment in your subject.
Our graduates have a proven track record of moving into fulltime and permanent teaching posts This course will help you develop confidence and skills in working with a range of people and using the latest technology and media. It will also prepare you for further study.
After completing the course, you could have a career as a PcET practitioner within the Post Compulsory Education and Training sector, eg Further Education (FE), Training Providers, Adult and Community Learning and Work Based Learning.
Recent graduates have gained full and part time employment across the sector and many of our past graduates actively support the course as mentors for our new student teachers.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Planning for Learning
- Assessing for Learning
- Developing Professional Practice
- Practice-based Research
- Literacies for Learning
- Extending Professional Practice
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesEducation Educational Research Teaching View 418 other Masters in Teaching in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- A 2:1 degree or above is desirable, or a recognised equivalent, in a relevant subject area. If you are offering a vocational subject you are normally expected also to demonstrate that you have some relevant vocational experience
- Mathematics and English language GCSE Grade C or above, or equivalent, are desirable
- Enhanced DBS check required as appropriate
- Part-time applicants will be required to confirm 50 hours (minimum) of teaching, and 20 hours of observation of an experienced tutor in the first year and in second year will be required to confirm 50 hours (minimum) of teaching and 20 hours of observation/departmental duties.
- An interview is required for this course
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International14500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14500 GBP per year during 12 months.
National9000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9000 GBP per year during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.